Friday, December 29, 2017

The beast





I normally drive myself,
you say.

But this time
It seems
I've got on a train
with a mind of its own.
And in the meantime
your words
of longing and lust
are hurting like spears
piercing through places
I did not remember.

I am curious,
you say.
Anxious to see
where we will be taken,
eager to know
what pleasures await.

Well, the train,
as you call it,
seems more like a beast
to me,
given our state.

It is wild and mad
mighty and huge
and it's speeding straight
into an abyss
that we hope
might be
a refuge.

This beast
at once
ancient and young
has the force of a fate.
And we are both
riding on top
holding the bait.







5 comments:

Anonymous said...

A new friend in your life?

tikka masala said...

Not really. More like a ghost from the past...

Anonymous said...

Seems to be a very powerful ghost, the kind that takes you for a ride. Happens a lot in Christmas time...

tikka masala said...

I am glad and grateful to know that you care.

Anonymous said...

Not as much as I'd like, but much more than you can imagine. Happy Seasons.